Position Acceptance

Position Acceptance

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Well, I am officially settled into my new life. I went through the check in process and casting yesterday and it was surprisingly very quick and easy. I think the process for me too about 2 and a half hours. I started at 9, and was back with my parents again by 11:30. Today is pretty much a lazy day for me to relax. I have a housing meeting at 4, but other than that I am staying in the apartment and trying to adjust to being away from my family.



I knew I was going to have some homesickness, and it hit me shortly after my parents left. I had called to talk to them a few hours after they left and my dad answered his phone and told me that my mom was driving and they had been on the road about 3 hours. At that point I had to hold back tears because I was officially farther away from my family than I was at college. It hit me even harder today when I called to ask a question and found out that they were in Ohio, about 14 hours away. I am ready to start my training and begin working.



Getting past the homesickness part, I am excited to announce that I will be working in the Magic Kingdom! That was my dream location because depending on the time of day I work, I can watch the fireworks and castle lighting, or parades while I am doing my job. I am excited to get my pass after traditions on Thursday to get into the parks and explore all they have to offer. I start my training this week also on Friday and Saturday and then have a little break to go and play around and take pictures of the parks.



My roommates are awesome. We have a one bedroom apartment in the commons with a bunk bed in it. I am on the bottom bunk. We spent most of last night just sitting in our common area just talking and laughing and getting to know each other. That really helped me with my homesickness, although I still can't wait for my parents to come back out and visit already. Well, I guess I am going to get off for now and go relax. 2 days down, 229 to go for this adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment